Planning Commission Information
NEW BLIGHT SURVEY AVAILABLE – survey will close 8/31/18 surveymonkey.com/r/ctblight
Looking for township resident or property owner to fill seat on the Planning Commission. Send letter to the Clerk, PO Box 438, Chassell, MI 49916.
Meeting Times: We meet on the Thursday prior to the Regular Board meeting at 7 pm at the Chassell Fire Hall. Check the News and Calendar for the specific date.
Vision: Making Chassell Township a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Mission: Developing and executing proactive plans and processes in partnership with the Chassell Board to support responsive and effective recreation, zoning, economic development and infrastructure to meet the current and future needs and interests of Chassell Township residents and visitors.
Planning Commission Contact Information, Member List
Results from the online survey in August 2017
Current Recreation Plan
The Chassell Township Board and Planning Commission would like to thank all the residents of Chassell for participating in the surveys and public hearings.
Planning Commission Minutes
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- 2017 Annual Report
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
The Planning Commission is still working on the following ordinance:
Future of America’s Forests and Outdoor Recreation Participation Reports.
- Why Tourism Matters Press Release – 03.30.17
- Why Tourism Matters Poster – 03.30.17
- Outdoor Recreation Participation Report – OF 2016
- Future of America’s Forest – Outdoor Recreation – USFS 2016
Chassell Township is zoned and requires zoning permits for any new construction or major alteration to an existing building. Please see a link to our zoning permit application below as well as instructions for assisting in completing the application. There is no fee associated with a zoning permit in our township.
Property Owners are responsible for obtaining building permits, soil erosion permits, and right-of-way permits (if applicable) through the Houghton County. Please visit the Houghton County website for more information.
Zoning Administrator – Andrew Kemper – Email
- Chassell Township Zoning Ordinance as amended April 2005
- Zoning Permit 2018 -Fillable with Instructions, email or send permit to: PO Box 438, Chassell, MI 49916. No permit fee is required.
- Sign Permit
- Public Inspection Policy
- Amendment to Dangerous Building (adopted August 9, 2017)
- Civil Infraction (adopted August 9, 2017)
- Hours of Public Usage (03/12/2015)
- Lot Splitting (10/08/2014)
- Sewage System (04/25/2006)
- Burning Ordinance (09/14/2005)
- Water Supply (10/28/2003)