The Chassell Bark Park off-leash dog park is now open! You can find the entrance to the south of the pavilion at Centennial Park. The large dog park is straight in from the entry corral and the small dog park is to the right. Dogs must be leashed until they enter the park. Volunteers will be continuing to improve the park in the coming weeks. Please be sure to clean up after your dog and help support volunteers by picking up debris!
Chassell Bark Park Rules
- All dogs declared dangerous are not permitted to use this park and shall not be allowed on the premises.
- No dogs under four months of age or female dogs in heat are allowed in the area.
- No food for either dogs and/or human consumption are allowed on the premises.
- Dogs must be on leash when entering and exiting the designated off-leash area.
- Dogs (no more than three per handler) must be under the control of their handler and in view of handler at all times. When dog is leashed, handlers must have possession of the dog leash at all times. One leash per dog.
- All dogs must be legally vaccinated and shall wear a visible license on a collar. Tags may serve as proof and made available upon request. Dogs should also wear an owner identification tag at all times.
- Handlers must be 16 years-old or older. Children under 16 years-old must be accompanied by an adult.
- Tennis balls are provided, but no dog toys should be brought into the area. Bird dog training dummies are allowed in the area by the lake.
- No spiked or pinch collars.
- To help reduce the potential spread of parasites, handlers must pick up and dispose of their dog’s waste in the collection container provided
- Handlers must fill all holes dug by dog(s) under their control.
- Dogs must be leashed and removed from the off-leash area at the first sign of aggression.
- Handlers are responsible for any injuries caused by dog(s) under their control.
- Patrons using facility do so at their own risk. Chassell Township shall not be liable for any injury or damage caused by any dog or handler in the designated area.
- In the event of an emergency, call 911.