The Final Chassell Township Zoning Ordinance will be reviewed at the next Planning Commission Meeting on December 5, 2019, 7 pm Chassell Fire Hall.
The original Chassell Zoning Ordinance showing markups can be viewed here
To submit comments on the proposed amendments and additions
use the form here – Zoning Ordinance Petition
Chassell Township is zoned and requires zoning permits for any new construction or major alteration to an existing building. Please see a link to our zoning permit application below as well as instructions for assisting in completing the application. There is no fee associated with a zoning permit in our township.
Property Owners are responsible for obtaining building permits, soil erosion permits, and right-of-way permits (if applicable) through the Houghton County. Please visit the Houghton County website for more information.
Zoning Administrator-Interm – Tim Palosaari (906-370-2960) or Email
- Zoning Permit 2018 -Fillable with Instructions, email or send permit to: PO Box 438, Chassell, MI 49916. No permit fee is required.
- Sign Permit
- Public Inspection Policy
- Land Division Application
- Chassell Township Zoning Ordinance as amended April 2005
- Zoning Ordinance Petition
- Any projects require a permit click on this link MISS DIG Website
- Amendment to Dangerous Building (adopted August 9, 2017)
- Civil Infraction (adopted August 9, 2017)
- Hours of Public Usage (03/12/2015)
- Lot Splitting (10/08/2014)
- Sewage System (04/25/2006)
- Burning Ordinance (09/14/2005)-Helpful website- DNR No Burning Video
- Water Supply (10/28/2003)