Publich Hearing for the Final Chassell Township Zoning Ordinance February 12, 2020, 6:30 pm the Township Board will follow, Chassell Fire Hall.
The original Chassell Zoning Ordinance showing markups can be viewed here
To submit comments on the proposed amendments and additions
use the form here – Zoning Ordinance Petition
Chassell Township is zoned and requires zoning permits for any new construction or major alteration to an existing building. Please see a link to our zoning permit application below as well as instructions for assisting in completing the application. There is no fee associated with a zoning permit in our township.
Property Owners are responsible for obtaining building permits, soil erosion permits, and right-of-way permits (if applicable) through the Houghton County. Please visit the Houghton County website for more information.
Zoning Administrator-Tim Palosaari (906-370-2960) or Email
- Zoning Permit-Fillable with Instructions, email or send permit to: PO Box 438, Chassell, MI 49916. No permit fee is required.
- Sign Permit
- Public Inspection Policy
- Land Division Variance Application
- Land Division Application
- Chassell Township Zoning Ordinance as amended April 2005
- Zoning Ordinance Petition
- Any projects require a permit click on this link MISS DIG Website
- Amendment to Dangerous Building (adopted August 9, 2017)
- Civil Infraction (adopted August 9, 2017)
- Hours of Public Usage (03/12/2015)
- Lot Splitting (10/08/2014)
- Sewage System (04/25/2006)
- Burning Ordinance (09/14/2005)-Helpful website- DNR No Burning Video
- Water Supply (10/28/2003)